Pages

Wednesday

Violet Sweets...

Violets are....blue? Not really. more purple than anything else. But they are sweet and intoxicating. They evoke great nostalgia because my grandmother used to grow them
. So I have grown partial to all things violet: the color, the velvety texture of the leaves and flowers, even the scent. Honestly, I don't actually remember the plants yielding sweet smelling blooms, but I love-love all things violet.

Choward's Violet MintsImage by - luz - via Flickr
Many years ago I discovered Choward's Violet candies (left) and became obsessed. These old fashioned sweets tasted like confectioner's sugar and perfume. Odd huh? Specially since in my prior post I knock food smelling body products (But I guess the other way around is OK :)

These candies are very hard to come by. I found them twoo days ago when I visited the Plymouth Plantation gift shop. I was immediately transported to another era. The sweet taste of yesteryear. Reminiscent of Guerlain's meteorite powder and the "good ol' years"

OK. This is a Beauty Blog not a food blog, here's my Violet Beauty related find: Borsari's Violetta di Parma. This rare find smells like old fashioned glamour glazed in candied violets. It's like a spritz of summery heaven. This perfumes smells like Choward's Violet candies taste. Weird. But in-such-a-GOOD way!!! This scent is retro chic. Yet it retains a sweetness that most other classic fragrances lack.
It's candied hapiness in a spray. It's violet, sugary and feminine. It's available at LuckyScent.com for $65 (or, if you are very lucky you can find it a discount sites for half the price ;)

**********
A mi me fascinan las violetas. Me recuerdan a mi niñes, ya que mi abuela tenía matas de violetas en la casa. La verdad es que no me acuerdo de la fragrancia de las flores. Pero hasta hoy en día, cuanta cosa vea yo en violeta me fascina: el color, la textura, fragrancia y hasta el sabor.
Hace unos dias cuando fui a Plymouth Plantation encontre unos dulces con sabor a violetas que tenía tiempo de no encontrar: Choward's Violet candies . Estos dulcecitos de antaño saben a azucar en polvo y perfume. Como los polvos Meteriotos de Guerlain. Suene bastante raro, no?
Sobretodo porque en el "post" anterior me quejaba de que no me gustan los productos para el cuerpo que huelen a comida, ni postres. Pero al parecer, si me gustan los dulces que saben a perfumes.
Desafortunadamente no los venden en muchas tiendas, pero son una delicia.
Y ustedes se preguntaran porque yo ando hablando de dulces, ya que este en un blog de belleza.
Bueno, les cuento que encontre un perfume que huele casi identico a estos dulces. Se llama Violetta di Parma de Borsari.
Este perfume es una delicia. Huele a violetas, azucar y veranos en el campo. Es una dulce felicidad embotellada. Lo puedes conseguir en LuckyScent.com por $65 o si tienes suerte se encuentra de vez en cuando en perfumerias en sitios de descuentos.

No comments: