Pages

Monday

BBW is not so vanilla anymore

Bath & Body works has added an exotic touch to their True Blue line with the addition of the "Morocco" line of products. These blends are more complex and way more exotic than anything they've ever attempted. The packaging is bright and colorful. Something you might expect at boutique or even Anthropology rather than at your trusted BBW. I "cold sniffed" these and here are my quick reviews:
  • Saffron & Fig (Shower Gel): Unfortunately for this product, I can't for the life of me stand saffron notes in any fragrance or body product. I use saffron to cook and sadly, I associate this note with chicken and not with say, a refreshing or sensual shower. I'll pass.
  • Honey & Date (Body Yoghurt): *love* to me this smells like a rich, sophisticated gourmand vanilla. Complex and great for wearing alone or to layer. This is definitely a winner. The consistency is nice: moisturizing, but not too heavy.
  • Cedarwood & Spice (Body Scrub): Cedarwood is yet another tricky note for me. It has too be done well or it reminds me of a hamster cage ~ I'll pass on this one ~ 'nuff said.
  • Moroccan Tea and Cucumber (Shower Gel): Upon reading the name I was immediately excited to try this. I love tea fragrances (all of them) and I love that they paired this with cooling cucumber because I prefer my shower gels to be uplifting (I need all the help I can get in the morning) I also happen to love Moroccan peppermint tea. Its one of my favorite drinks. I was expecting love at first sniff, but I was attacked by ...pepper?!? WTF? Not sure if it was black or white pepper. But pepper, nevertheless. I don't want to get out of the shower smelling rather savory, so unfortunately I'll pass on this too.
The other products: Sweet Fig and Argan body lotion, Rose Petal and Orange Flower shower cream were so forgettable that I can't even review. Honestly I smelled them, went "Meh!" and put them back were I found them...
Overall I was kind of disappointed at this collection. I had high hopes: visually enticing packaging, and names that alone conjured memories of a far away land. Sadly, with the exception of the Honey & Date body moisturizer ($17.50), these were a nay for me.

No comments: