Pages

Sunday

Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash


I must tell you in advance that I am not a fan of Philosophy facial skin care. I do like their fragrance and body products, but their face products have failed to swoon me.
The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash is no exception. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad product. It's just kind of meh.
This exfoliating wash sells for $25 for 8 ounces. The price it's kind of high for a cleanser, and OK for an exfoliating treatment.
What do you want to get from this product?
According to the description this product is "designed to effectively cleanse the skin while providing resurfacing benefits. "
Well, the first problem is that the description is misleading in that this product does NOT "effectively cleanse". As a matter of fact, this product hardly cleanses at all.
But I knew that by reading reviews before I used this. You *must* use a separate cleanser. Even though this exfoliating cleanser claims to be gentle enough for daily use, it will not replace your existing cleanser because it just isn't as good at cleansing.
Now for the exfoliating part. This part it does well and without much irritation at all. The granules are very fine and uniform in shape, which makes it less damaging to the skin.
The product lacks glamour: the exfoliation spheres are similar in texture to the Aluminum Oxide abrasive used in sandblasting machines to polish metal in the Dental Technology field.
hmmmm, not so chic.
One of the ingredients (and what I suspect is the main polishing agent) is sodium magnesium silicate.
Sodium magnesium silicate is most commonly used in in cements, passive fire protection, refractories, textile and lumber processing.(Wikipedia)
Now, I'm not going to get all preachy on you about this. I'm sure this ingredient is fine and dandy. I'm sure I've used a lot worse on my skin on a regular basis.
But, why do I want to use this on my skin everyday again?
Yes, my skin felt softer. But it wasn't like "Wow, this is the best ever!"
I will, in all fairness, continue to use what I have until is gone. And if it delivers great results, I will make an updated review.
Until then: meh ~ save your money.

No comments: