Pages

Saturday

Fragrance Spotlight :Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum


I love all things Almond: bitter almond notes, Almond oil, almond pastries, candied almonds. I also love rose water. I use it as a face toner and as a cooking ingredient in my Lebanese cooking attempts. Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum was supposed to bring the best of two worlds in Loukhoum: Turkish Deight: a confection made from starch, sugar, almonds and yes, rose water.

I imagined being transported to a fair away, exotic land; or two an alternate reality like on the Chronicles of Narnia upon sniffing this beauty.

I got this is the mail and quickly doused myself only to be attacked by...powder? Johnson's baby powder! What is this? No Turkish Delight. No almond. Nothing far away or exotic. I got an amplified version of baby products!
Don't get me wrong. I love Johson's baby powder and lotion. I buy them all the time!
And if you ever wish makers would bottle Johnson's scent in perfume form, this is it.
Turkish Delight I took this photo myself.Image via Wikipedia
But at $90 for 50 mL I wanted to swoon.
Instead I was left crying like a baby.

No comments: