Pages

Tuesday

Chanel Fall 2009 Collection




I must admit that I am little bit disappointed at Chanel's 2009 Fall collection. (I know, I know: Words that should never be spoken.)
But the truth is that if it wasn't for this blog, I wouldn't have even clicked on the link for details: Even the ad campaign seemed kind of meh...

This reminds me more of an ad I would have spotted on one of my mother's beauty magazines from the 80's than of an exciting new collection. Yes, I know Chanel is not MAC. Chanel is classic and not a trendsetter. But still I expected more than this. One thing that did catch my eye was the Luminous Cream Quadra Eye Shadow. At first, I loved the intensity of the colors: then I remembered how much I hate these kind of cream eye shadows. For the average user they are tricky to apply at best, and for the average mature lid this a disaster waiting to happen. Although the counter make up artist will argue the opposite ~ then again that's what they are paid to do.

Priced at $65 it better paint its weight in gold. I can't help but say that these particular colors remind of a Halloween face paint kit that I bought in highschool when I dressed up as Elvira for drama class. Next!

No comments: