Along comes Neutrogena with it's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55. Not only is this formula stable (with Helioplex) this is an actually cosmetically pleasing formular that mattifies and lasts.
- Stable ~ Helioplex is a patented blend of Avobenzone 3%, Homosolate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8% and Oxybenzone 6%
- Consistency ~ This formula goes on creamy but it sinks in leavy a velvety finish that even absorbs excess oil
- Broad Spectrum Protection ~ Provides protection agains both UVA and UVB rays
- Oil Free ~ Need I say more?
- Waterproof and Sweatproof ~ Great for the beach and for working out outdoors
- Non-Comedogenic ~ Alas! One of the few sunscreens that doesn't break me out into a cystic mess
- Availbility ~ Widely available in the US. (rare thing for a stable formula)
- Price ~ At around $10, it break the bank !
- Fragrance ~ Personally, I don't mind the fragrance, but a lot of people with allergies seem to be really suceptable. It is rather strongly scented, but *shrugs*
- Waterproof ~ Although this is a great selling point for a sunscreen, IMO; waterproof means that you have to use an oil based cleanser in order to fully remove the product ~ I love DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
- Sensitivity ~ Although this product claims to be suitable for sensitive skin. I find that if I use my usual anti-acne skin "actives" this stings my face quite a bit. Not enough to prevent me from using it, but enought to redden my skin.