Pages

Sunday

Neutrogena Dry Touch: The Least Sticky US Sunscreen

Don't you hate it everytime you put sunscreen on and you face looks and feels like it has just been buttered? Well, until recently the only way to get adequate sun protection was to slather a super heavy concoction that was virtually impossible to wear under make-up.
Along comes Neutrogena with it's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55. Not only is this formula stable (with Helioplex) this is an actually cosmetically pleasing formular that mattifies and lasts.

PROS:
  • Stable ~ Helioplex is a patented blend of Avobenzone 3%, Homosolate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8% and Oxybenzone 6%
  • Consistency ~ This formula goes on creamy but it sinks in leavy a velvety finish that even absorbs excess oil
  • Broad Spectrum Protection ~ Provides protection agains both UVA and UVB rays
  • Oil Free ~ Need I say more?
  • Waterproof and Sweatproof ~ Great for the beach and for working out outdoors
  • Non-Comedogenic ~ Alas! One of the few sunscreens that doesn't break me out into a cystic mess
  • Availbility ~ Widely available in the US. (rare thing for a stable formula)
  • Price ~ At around $10, it break the bank !
CONS:
  • Fragrance ~ Personally, I don't mind the fragrance, but a lot of people with allergies seem to be really suceptable. It is rather strongly scented, but *shrugs*
  • Waterproof ~ Although this is a great selling point for a sunscreen, IMO; waterproof means that you have to use an oil based cleanser in order to fully remove the product ~ I love DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
    icon
  • Sensitivity ~ Although this product claims to be suitable for sensitive skin. I find that if I use my usual anti-acne skin "actives" this stings my face quite a bit. Not enough to prevent me from using it, but enought to redden my skin.
Overall, this is a fantastic product and my most favorite U.S Sunscreen by far!

No comments: