Pages

Thursday

Fresh Lip Balm: Worth $22.50?

Fresh Sugar Lip Balm costs $22.50. But, Is it worth it???

I know loving Fresh is trendy, all the "cool people" love Fresh. It's "natural", "green" whatever.
It is still not worth $22.50 for 0.15 oz of product. That equals out to $150/Oz. of lip balm. You're kidding. Right?
I'll give them this: the ingredients are natural:

Beeswax, Castor Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olver Esters, Grape Seed Oil, Fragrance Carnauba Wax, Wheat Germ Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Safflower Seed OiI, Apricot Kernel Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, BHT

So why the extra expense?

The product acts similarly to my Burt Bee's Lip Balm. It does an OK job at protecting lips from chapping. That's it.

But, as the matter of fact, I actually prefer my Burt Bee's. It may not be as glamorous coming out of my purse as Fresh: dressed in it's sleek brown casing, ready to tell the world "look at me! I AM sooooo fabulous" But at $3 a pop, my Burt Bee's never disappoints. Nor does it melt all over the place as soon as it's exposed to Tropical Summers.

Why does this product have such a cult following?


No comments: