Pages

Sunday

Dicneal = Beautiful Skin

The search for beautiful skin resumes: After a long hiatus, I've resumed taking care of my skin. Neglect showed in the formed of acne. All kinds of breakouts plagued my face.
No amount of concealer and foundation could cover the visible texture my skin had then-- rough, bumpy, flaky, inflamed, blotchy, red. And angry for being neglected.
Besides from it all, my skin was also notoriously lackluster: Just sad and stressed.
So I went on to search numerous sites for recommendations for acne treatments.
Yes, I'd been guilty of total neglect. Often failing to even remove my make up at night.
In the past I had tried Proactive, Peter Thomas Roth, DDF, Mario Beduscu, Yves Saint Laurent, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lancome, Dior etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

One name that kept coming up and I hadn't tried was Avene. I often remember thinking it must be AvenO (the American drugstore brand) But I was mistaken. As it turns out AvenE is a French company widely available in European Pharmacies.

It's an affordable brand with a cult following in the states and the maker of my current skincare Holy Grail: Diacneal.

Diacneal is an acne treatment that contains Glycolic Acid (6%) and Retinaldehyde (0.1%)

It helps with blackheads and hyperpigmentation marks. It doesn't claim to treat "angry, red blemished" but its a miracle on my skin.

My skin is sensitive, finicky and sooo acne prone.

I ordered this product from a Greek Pharmacy that offers fantastic prices and great shipping.

It took about 7 days to arrive. I couldn't wait in anticipation of the promised product.

Once I got it, I wanted to almost use the whole tube at once. Hoping that ODing in this cream would make up for months of total neglect.

But I knew better. I knew that if I even dared to put this on my skin on consecutive nights, my skin would promptly erupt in painful rebellion. So I started wearing this every third day. *sigh*

The first day I noticed a tingling sensation. I though "Oh, no. Here it comes." Surprisingly, I woke up in the morning with un-disrupted skin. I anticipated a blistered mess and even woke up twice at night to make sure I wasn't reacting.

It was hard to not apply this the following night. I wanted all the red scars to fade, the skin to be soothed, the acne to subsided, texture to improve. And quickly!

But I also knew I was walking a fine line--my temperamental skin was in charge. Not I.

I only applied it twice the first week.

Then every two days the week after.

Every night, the week after that.

This is now part of my nightly routine and hope never to be without it.

After about 7 weeks of use, my breakouts have reduced to (maybe) once a week. They used to be a daily occurrence. My texture is softer, and the redness that usually screamed from my face, seems to have subsided.

Now, this isn't the only product I've incorporated into my routine to this point. I am sure all the products are working in a nice synergy.

But this has made a REAL difference. It's not just wishful thinking (as it had been in the past with other products) - I think there's hope.

Rating: 5/5 (can I give this 10,0000/5 rating? )

No comments: