Pages

Thursday

An Apple a Day...


I must admit that I was tempted to shun this product based on the name of the company alone: Juice Beauty.
I immediately associated this with a certain brand known by its over-hyped, over-priced lounge wear and tacky jewelry that it's better suited to be hanging from the rear view mirror on a N.Y Cab than on the neck of any human being.
But I digress.
Recently I went to Sephora and was given a choice of samples.
Being in search of a good peel, I chose Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel because it was specifically geared to sensitive skin AND I love green apples :P
Normally I have really bad luck with peels. Even the so called "daily" peels leave me blistering for a week at a time after just one use.

I was hoping that since I've recently incorporated "actives" into my daily routine, my skin would be able to tolerate this.

I applied this and noticed some tingling. Nothing uncomfortable, just enough to let me know it was there.

After 12 minutes I rinsed thoroughly and noticed my skin was bright pink. It looked sunburned, but felt good.

Then again, it's called a PEEL. Redness is normal. I never understand why people give peels poor reviews because they caused tingling or redness!!! or *gasp* peeling!!

Blisters and welts, not so good for OTC peels. But redness is OK in my book.

After the redness dissipated, my skin was baby smooth. Pores look smaller and tighter.

The next morning my make up looked better.

2 oz. retail for $39 at Sephora


rating 5/5


Debo admitir que yo era la tentación de huir de este producto basado en el nombre de la: Juice Beauty
Inmediatamente asociado con una marca conocida por su exceso por ropa de mal gusto y de joyería que es mejor para ser colgada del espejo retrovisor de un taxi de Nueva York en el cuello de cualquier ser humano.
Recientemente fui a Sephora y se dieron unas muestras.
Ya que ando en busca de piel tersa, escogí Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel porque está indicada para piel sensible -y me encanta manzanas verdes: P
Normalmente tengo muy mala suerte con los “peles”. Incluso los llamados “peels de uso diarios" me dejan ampollas en la cara.

Me aplique este producto y note un poco de hormigueo pero nada supremamente fuerte.
Después de 12 minutos, enjuague cuidadosamente me dejo la piel enrojecida—como si me hubiese quemado por el sol, pero no me ardía.
Después de que el enrojecimiento se disipó, mi piel termino tan suave como la de un bebito. Poros más pequeños y limpios.
A la mañana siguiente mi maquillaje se veía muchísimo mejor—más nítido.

No comments: